Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lomography and the Diana F+

Lomography emphasizes casual, snapshot photography. Lomographic cameras are lightweight, plastic film cameras with many accessories from fish eye lenses to attaching flash with colour filters. Characteristics such as over-saturated colours, blurring, "happy mistakes" and alternative film processing are often considered part of the Lomographic Technique. These unusual and exciting effects are what draw me to the world of Lomography.

Just over a year ago I purchased a Diana F+ camera in the hope of documenting life through the wacky images it produces. However college and life took over and before I knew I it my camera was gathering dust. On the few occasions I did take it out my friends were convinced that it was a fake camera! Now that I'm out of college and have a good job with regular hours my original interest in the camera has surfaced and my friends will have to get used to seeing the toy camera pout and about.

If your interested in lomographic cameras the best website I've found is http://canada.shop.lomography.com/. Granted the cameras are practically the same price as a cheap digital plus you have to buy the film but that's what so great about it, with film your images will always be printed rather than being forgotten on your computer.







Below are some images I found on-line that were taken by the Diana F+. Enjoy!

1 comment: